What is the course?
The IDF Staff Instructor course is an extensive programme leading to the acquisition of comprehensive skills in teaching dive instructors. During the course you will gain broad knowledge of the diving business - managing a diving center, coordinating a group of instructors, marketing and psychology.
The course consists of two stages:
- In the first stage you will participate in lectures given by Course Director, during which you will gain a number of new information needed for your future work.
- In the second stage you will assist Course Director during his instructor courses, which will allow you to gain experience and turn theory into practice.
What do you need to start?
- Minimum age: 30 years
- IDF Master Diver Instructor Certificate
- Current IDF First Aid Response Instructor certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 500 logged Open Water Diver dives, including a minimum of 30 dives in depths greater than 40 metres and 50 dives in difficult environmental conditions (e.g. night dives, in current, low visibility, in water below 10°C)
- Minimum 100 certificates issued
What will you be entitled to after the course?
Upon successful completion of the course you will be entitled to carry out the following training courses yourself.
- Assistant Instructor
- Scuba Diving Instructor
- Master Diver Instructor
A Staff Instructor is also entitled to run programmes for which he or she is an instructor, from among others:
- Underwater Photographer Instructor
- Underwater Filmmaker Instructor
- Gas Blender Instructor
- First Aid Response Instructor
- Night Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- Nitrox Instructor
- Deep Instructor
- Rescue Instructor
- Wreck Instructor
- Twinset Instructor
- Full Face Mask Instructor
- DPV Instructor
- Dry Suit Instructor
- Ice Instructor
- Side Mount Instructor
The Staff Instructor is also entitled to carry out the cross-over procedure and refresh training for instructors who remain inactive for at least 3 consecutive years.
Upon completion of the training, you will receive an internationally recognised certificate confirming your qualifications. It is a plastic card with a unique number and watermark. In addition, you will have lifelong access to an individual panel on the IDF website, where your certificate will always be available in electronic form - in case you ever forget to take the original with you for diving.